Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Principles

Of course, principles before personalities they say. I had talked in an earlier post on how I had this backward, personalities before principles and where it got me. Just a different seat on a sinking ship. It is a good thing the lifeboats were out there.

When I got back in the rooms I knew I had to have an attitude change. No matter what I thought about the speaker I had to listen carefully and get something out of the lead. or during a discussion meeting I had to consider everyone's opinion valid for them.

It has taken allot of prayer on my part and a working of the steps. Maybe what I don't like in others I also see in myself. I had a sponsor a while back and he tried to help me see this. He told me in the Big Book there were only 3 rules that AA has. He suggested I read the first 164 pages and find them. It took me 3 readings to find them all. I will share one with you...Be hard on yourself and tolerant of others. I say this as a prayer as I go into a meeting. Has it helped? Yea, maybe somewhat.


No comments:

Post a Comment