Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let God Be God

Great post today from the site Treatment Talk. It was about a man who faced the adversity of being fired from his job. He experienced all the anger, sadness, fear that we all feel. The great thing is the story was full of hope. This man, who was a high powered exec in NYC took minimum wage jobs, went to seminary school and became a hospital Chaplin.Here was a man who took what should have been a devastating blow and he turned it in to opportunity.

We in recovery need to take this lesson and move our lives forward. Like many others, I have made a shambles of my life. From the outside looking in, things can look as though they are a mess. I refuse to think that way anymore. I look at it as if I am sitting in the middle of opportunity. God has me right where he wants me.

At the moment, I have no clue how things will play out and as I have heard in meetings, it is actually none of my business. I do know onr thing though, as long as I stick with and let God be God, things will be OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment